Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I <3 Basketball

Last night's game was phenomenal. I mean, this whole series as a Magic fan has caused me multiple mild heart attacks but last nights game was proof that the Orlando Magic has a chance to take it home. I'm gonna believe until the end so I'm going to put it in writing: The Orlando Magic will make a believer out of you.

If I can remember correctly we had two history making moments. First, we had the highest field goal percentage in a first half of a final at 75% and this is the first finals game the Orlando Magic has ever won. I'm proud to be from Orlando even though I was born in LA and my heart longs to be there one day with my mom and brother. I can't deny that Kobe is an amazing player but "he's a SUCKY person!" (thanks Lauren Conrad--I can't say that enough lol.) Not only did we make history we had a darling little autistic girl sing one of the hardest songs on national TV and the Orlando Magic gave voice to a mute child. The Magic is into making miracles.

All that aside, the reason I have fallen in love with the Orlando Magic is the players. We have some major man candy on the team and if you had the pleasure of viewing the finals games with me downtown at the Plaza Theater, then you know that what I really came to see. It's hard to pretend that I'm not secretly wondering what it would be like to play the love game with an NBA star when they're sweating and running and jumping and their arm and back muscles are flexing and their calves are...well let me stop before I get in trouble.

I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the players while I've been out on town but since I refuse to be a groupie I always act like its no big deal. Last night Jameer Nelson was standing right in front of me as I waited for my friend outside Dragon Room and I acted like I had no clue who he was lol. I wanted to congratulate him on the game but didn't know if people knew he was there and didn't want to be the one to start anything. I got rejected by JC Chasez once for that reason and I never forgot how his buddy explained to me why he kept shaking his head and walking away when I was yelling "JC! JC!" Haha. That was a weird night...ANYWHOOOOO--back to the point: We have some hotties on our team. And some DEFINITE not-so-hotties but I'm all about love for the home team today.

Out of respect for the fact that these people may have girls or wives I'll just list who I like and why I like him and that will be the end of it.

#3. Dwight Howard: He's so funny! I have a dumb sense of humor and I'm sure that we'd be cracking up for hours over nothing. I love that he smiles all the time, too. It lets me know that he still thinks what he does is fun.
#2. Rashard Lewis: I love his quiet intensity. I've seen him out and he's just low key. Scopes the crowd, keeps to himself, and really not into all the scene stuff. But you know the boy is bad when he steps on the court.
#1. Courtney Lee: Behind that mask is the sweetest face ever. He has this innocence about him outside the game but he's aggressive on the court and that makes me feel like he's a confident man. If I had to choose a player to get to know, it would be him. I'd like to know what makes him laugh.

In closing--just between us girls--I'm not trivializing all the great things we did last night. I'm keeping it real on what keeps me hooked to these games. I never watched basketball on TV before this although I loved going to the games. When I was at the games, I spent a lot of time talking and joking around and all I cared about was the outcome. Now I'm hooked for the entire 48 mins. That's the power of a fine ass man!

Stay beautiful inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment